Video: Rare 30-year-old Porsche From RUF Was Estimated At Only 8 Million Rubles - Because It Has Been In Accidents
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 13:59
A 1981 Porsche 911 will be sold at RM Sorheby's at the end of April. This is the RUF BTR supercar: the German studio has built no more than three dozen of these sports cars. However, this particular instance is priced cheaper than it could, since it has an impressive mileage of 83.6 thousand kilometers and has been in accidents.
- In addition to the actual construction of copyright sports cars, RUF atelier reworked client cars according to a similar program, and the Porsche 911 put up for sale is just one of those. The auction house notes that the number of modified coupes has not been specified, but there are clearly more than three dozen. The sold Porsche 911 Turbo was modified six years after it left the factory assembly line.
- Its engine volume was increased from 3.3 to 3.4 liters, equipped with a new intercooler and an alternative exhaust system. As a result, the engine output was 374 hp. instead of the standard 300. In addition, the sports car was equipped with a branded five-speed "mechanics" RUF, the exterior was finalized and the interior was modernized - for example, the standard clock was replaced with a boost pressure sensor.
- The owner almost immediately after construction moved the car from Germany to the USA, where he additionally improved the suspension to increase comfort and installed new seats in the cabin. The coupe belonged to him until the end of the 90s, after which it changed at least four owners. The seller purchased the car in 2018.
Throughout the 21st century, the sports car has been repeatedly not only repaired, but also refined. He retained the power unit from RUF, but was repainted several times, and new components periodically appeared in the cabin - steering wheels, gearshift levers, speakers and radio tape recorders. Auctioneers, meanwhile, claim that the entire biography of the Porsche 911 is recorded, and the fact of a visit to RUF in 1987 is documented.
- They expect to earn up to 110 thousand dollars for a sports car, which is about 8.4 million rubles. The new 911 Turbo costs at least $ 175,000 in the US.
- In addition to the modifications of the serial Porsches, the RUF studio also built its own supercars (however, on the components of the same Porsche). One of these - the CTR 3 coupe - was put up for auction last fall, hoping to bail out up to a million dollars. The car was sold, but the auctioneers did not disclose the amount of the transaction.
Rusty American convertible was estimated at 48 million rubles in the News section
Chrome-plated Lexus LFA with tiny mileage estimated at 85 million rubles in the News section
The charged Hyundai i30 N was estimated at 2.2 million rubles. And he has no competitors in Russia in the News section
Rare Deco Rides Zephyr coupe is sold in Russia - for only 7.4 million rubles in the News section
Small Porsche 911 was estimated at 1.3 million rubles - it has a Honda engine in the News section