Video: Geely's Largest Crossover: Volvo Turbo, Autopilot And Self-parking
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
On the eve of the Shanghai Motor Show, Geely has published some characteristics of its flagship crossover, which is known under the designation KX11, but will appear on sale under the name Xingyue L. and unusual driving assistants.
- The crossover is based on the CMA platform, which is common to a number of Geely and Volvo models. With a length of 4770 millimeters and a wheelbase of 2845 millimeters, it has a width and height of 1895 and 1689 millimeters, respectively. Thus, the novelty not only turned out to be larger than the Geely Tugella known in Russia, but also almost comparable in size, for example, with KiSorento, and even slightly surpasses the Korean SUV in wheelbase dimensions.
- Externally, the novelty is distinguished by unusual optics, a raised hood and a concave radiator grille with vertical sipes (the local press compares it to a waterfall), and the main innovation in the cabin will be a massive glass panel - it extends from the center console to the right windshield pillar and hides two monitor, the main one for the media system and the additional one for the passenger.
- The Geely Xingyue L turbocharger will develop 218 hp. and 325 Nm or 238 hp. and 350 Nm. In the first case, the engine will be paired with a seven-speed "robot", in the second - an eight-speed "automatic" and a sixth generation BorgWarner clutch in the rear axle drive. Two modifications of the SUV will be able to accelerate to 100 km / h in 7.9 and 7.7 seconds, respectively.
On-board electronics will allow the crossover in some conditions to become a drone of the 4th level of autonomy, and, provided there is communication with infrastructure facilities (the so-called V2X standard), to be completely self-driving. As an example, the manufacturer cites the scenario of self-parking: in parking lots equipped with the necessary devices, a car will not only be able to autonomously find a parking lot, but also subsequently, upon a command from a mobile phone, determine the owner's location and return to him.
- It is expected that sales of new items in the home market, the Geely concern will begin this summer, but prices have not yet been announced. It is also unknown whether the manufacturer has plans to expand the Xingyue L to other countries.
- Earlier, another novelty from Geely was presented - the firstborn of the newly created premium brand Zeekr. It was the production version of the Zero concept, which was shown under the Lynk & Co brand last year.