Video: Extreme Subaru Outback Wilderness Unveiled: Modified CVT And 240mm Ground Clearance
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Off-road station wagon Subaru Outback received a special Wilderness performance - such a five-door has to cope with even more difficult road conditions than the standard model. Among the differences are the modified suspension, variator and on-board electronics. At the same time, Outback will not be the only such model, because in the future Wilderness will play the role of a kind of sub-brand.
- The especially off-road character of the novelty is emphasized by the developed body kit made of unpainted plastic: the Outback received new bumpers, wheel arch extensions and roof rails, as well as a new radiator grill. In addition, the model will be equipped with black 17-inch wheels with off-road tires, and an anti-glare lining will appear on the hood.
- Optionally, for the station wagon, lower protection panels will be available, which should cover the power unit, fuel tank and transmission parts from damage. New roof rails will make it possible to place a tent on the roof - the trunk for it is included in the set of branded accessories.
- The Outback Wilderness suspension features new dampers and springs. This provides not only longer strokes, but also an increased ground clearance from 220 to 240 millimeters. Geometric indicators have also been improved: the approach angle has increased from 18.6 to 20 degrees, and the exit angle - from 21.7 to 23.6 degrees.
In the US, the novelty will enter the market with a standard 2.4-liter engine with 264 hp. and 375 Nm paired with a variator. However, the transmission ratio has been changed (from 4.11: 1 to 4.44: 1) to increase traction at low revs - this should help the station wagon to overcome gravel 40-degree climbs. The settings of the onboard "off-road" system X-Mode have also been changed.
- The main differences in the Wilderness interior are the Subaru StarTex water repellent fabric in the trim and a range of color accents. The basic configuration of the station wagon will include a media system with an 11.6-inch screen and the ability to display off-road indicators.
- In the US, the new product will be available to buyers towards the end of the year, prices have not yet been announced. The prospects for the appearance of Outback Wilderness in other countries are also unclear. At the same time, it was previously reported that the Forester crossover will soon receive a similar performance. As for the Russian market, we still sell the previous generation Outback (at a price of 3,049,000 rubles), and the current model should appear in Russia during 2021.