Video: Kia Has An Electric Supercrossover: 585 Forces And 3.5 Seconds To Hundreds
Ki has unveiled the characteristics of an electric crossover called the EV6. The novelty will receive five variants of power plants, a "charged" version of the GT, a power reserve of up to 510 kilometers and the latest media technologies. Acceptance of orders in some countries has already started.
With a length of 4680 millimeters, the KiEV6 received a wheelbase of 2900 millimeters. The minimum volume of the rear trunk is 520 liters, with the possibility of increasing to 1300 liters, and the front capacity will add another 20 to 52 liters, depending on the type of power plant.
- The SUV is built on the new E-GMP platform and can be both rear-wheel drive and all-wheel drive. The KiEV6 has two battery options - 58 and 77.4 kWh. The rear-wheel drive modification with the largest battery will be able to travel up to 510 kilometers without recharging - such a crossover will be equipped with one 229 hp electric motor. and 350 Nm. More compact batteries are planned to be installed in combination with a 180-horsepower engine.
- The power plant of the all-wheel drive version with a 77.4-kilowatt unit develops 325 hp. and 605 Nm: such a crossover will spend 5.2 seconds to accelerate to 100 km / h. The use of 58 kWh batteries will reduce the output of the motors to 235 hp. at the same 605 Nm, and up to a hundred EV6 with this power plant will accelerate a second longer.
The KiEV6 will also have a particularly fast modification with the GT index: its electric motors will be able to develop up to 585 hp. and 740 Nm of torque. The off-road vehicle will spend 3.5 seconds accelerating to 100 km / h at a top speed of 260 km / h. The power reserve of the fastest KiEV6 has not yet been announced.
- The crossover will receive 400 and 800 W fast charging systems, which will allow replenishing the energy reserve from 10 to 80% in just 18 minutes. At the same time, it will take the EV6 4.5 minutes to gain electricity per 100 kilometers. The system also provides for the ability to return energy: for example, it will be able to maintain power for a 55-inch TV and an air conditioner simultaneously for up to 24 hours. The six-level kinetic energy recovery system should also help replenish the energy reserve.
In the KiEV6's cabin, not only will there be extra thin seats with recycled plastic trim, but also two 12-inch monitors combined into one curved screen. In addition, the crossover is promised a head-up display with augmented reality elements, Meridian acoustics with 14 speakers, a level 2 autonomous control system and a remote parking assistant.
- Ki plans to produce an electric crossover at its factories in South Korea. In major global markets, EV6 will go public in the second half of this year, but online booking is already open in some countries. The company has not announced prices yet.
- KiEV6 has become a co-platform for the Ioniq 5 electric crossover, which Hyundai declassified in February. It differs in more restrained characteristics, but at the same time it managed to break the record for the number of pre-orders. During the first day, 25 thousand applications were received for the crossover, although Hyundai expected to produce only 26.5 thousand cars in the first year of production.