Video: Tesla's New "killer" Will Be Able To Work On Solar Energy
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
American startup Humble Motors intends to release the world's first solar-powered crossover, which could become one of the competitors of TeslModel X. The One, announced by the SUV, will be able to travel up to 800 kilometers on a single charge. The company also showed the first images of the new crossover.
- The main feature of Humble One is the roof, which consists of solar panels. The total area of the sunlight absorbing elements is 82 square feet (7.62 sq. M). Thanks to them, energy accumulates during the day, which can be enough for almost 100 kilometers. The declared power of the crossover is 1020 hp, the dynamic characteristics have not yet been announced.
- The main power source for the Humble One will be a mains-powered battery. To increase the power reserve, the classic techniques for electric cars are used. So, light materials are massively used in the construction of the crossover. Also, the creators of the car declare about the elaborated aerodynamics of their brainchild. The claimed drag coefficient of the crossover is 0.25 Cx, just one tenth more than TeslModel X.
- The price of a five-seater SUV with solar panels on the roof has already been announced - $ 109,000 (approximately 8.2 million rubles). A potential competitor of the novelty, the TeslModel X crossover, in the US costs from $ 90,000. They offer to book Humble One on the company's official website for a symbolic $ 300, and they promise to return the money in case of difficulties with supplies.
The start of sales of Humble One is expected in 2025, production is promised to start a year earlier. The founders of the startup Humble claim to have collected over $ 20 million in pre-orders.
- Earlier, the GMC Hummer EV, the first electric pickup in the modern history of the Hummer brand, went under the hammer. For a serial car with VIN number 001 in the Edition 1 configuration, they paid $ 2.5 million (about 190 million rubles).
- And the South Korean premium brand Genesis has released a video teaser for the unnamed concept car, which is slated to premiere on March 31st. A number of details shown in the video make one suspect an electric coupe in the concept. A likely prototype is the unusual electric coupe Essentia, one of the authors of which was Alexander Selipanov, a Russian-born designer who now holds the post of design director at Koenigsegg.