Video: Right-hand Drive Cars Are In Danger Of Problems With Technical Inspection. The Far East Will Suffer The Most
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Owners of right-hand drive vehicles may face difficulties in passing diagnostics and obtaining diagnostic cards due to the new rules for conducting a technical inspection. According to Autonews, this problem will most of all affect the Far East, where the largest number of right-hand drive cars are registered. The problem is in the head optics, tuned according to Japanese standards: if earlier such car owners issued MOT using "gray" schemes, now it will be much more difficult to do this.
- Headlights configured for left-hand traffic in Russia do not work correctly - they illuminate the oncoming lane and practically do not touch the side of the road. This is one of the obstacles that prevent you from officially passing the inspection.
- Most of the owners of right-hand drive cars solved the issue of technical inspection using "gray" schemes, receiving diagnostic cards without providing a car. And the problem with the wrong light beam was eliminated by means of handicraft "curtains" on the headlights or readjustment of the light elements using the correction systems provided for by the vehicle design.
Since March 1, new rules for conducting a technical inspection and issuing diagnostic cards have been launched in Russia, which cannot be obtained without a visit to the maintenance station - all cars are now photographed at the beginning and at the end of the procedure, and data on the diagnostic results are entered into EAISTO online. Therefore, cars imported from Japan will not be able to legally undergo technical inspection.
- Due to the high load on the inspection points, the validity of all diagnostic cards, which expired between March 1 and September 30, were extended until October 1, 2021. However, from the middle of autumn, the inspection will have to be done according to new rules.
- According to the general director of the accredited testing center Yuri Parkhomenko, the Japanese head optics can be replaced with an analogue from the European version of the same model. However, this is not cheap, and not every right-hand drive car has such an analogue. In addition, replacing headlights would be considered a design change and would require a clearance effort.
- According to the expert, the cost of the entire procedure can reach 50 thousand rubles, and in the case of LED optics of particularly complex designs, it is even more expensive.
According to the AS "System of electronic passports", 200-300 cars with the right-hand controls are imported to the Far East every day.
- At the same time, a number of benefits are in effect for the region. For example, cars imported for personal use may not be equipped with the ERA-GLONASS system, which is mandatory for installation in other regions of the country - in December last year, this moratorium was extended for another year. Concessional lending programs, which allow purchasing a new car on credit in Russia at a 10% discount, offer a 25% discount for residents of the Far East.