Video: Brabus Turns Electro-Smart Into A "city Supercar" For 4 Million Rubles
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
The German studio Brabus has presented a new model, which is based on the open version of the Smart EQ ForTwo. Named by the creators of the "urban supercar", the electric convertible has become more powerful and 0.7 seconds faster in acceleration to a hundred.
- The novelty has received its own name Brabus 92R. With a new driving electronics mode called Sport +, the power plant output of the sitikar can be increased to 92 hp. and 180 Nm is 10 hp. and 15 Nm more than before. In this mode, the 92R spends 10.9 seconds accelerating to 100 km / h. The fastest factory Smart does the same in 11.6 seconds. The maximum speed of the convertible has not changed after modifications in Brabus and is 130 km / h.
- The engineers of the studio reworked the suspension of the electric vehicle, making it more rigid and reducing the ground clearance by 25 millimeters. Suspension components are said to have been calibrated for the weight of the new Monoblock IX rims - 16-inch at the front and 17-inch at the rear.
- Smart ForTwo received a noticeably modernized front end, a new diffuser appeared at the rear, and some body kit elements are made in a contrasting color. The presentation copy of the Brabus 92R has a black and red body and interior in similar shades, but customers of electric cars will be able to choose the design options.
- In total, Brabus plans to build only 50 "urban supercars", each of which costs at least 46,284 euros (4.17 million rubles).
- In the near future, Smart may replenish its lineup with a crossover, which will become the largest model in the history of the brand. It will be developed by engineers from Mercedes-Benz and Geely - firms that now own the brand in equal shares.