Video: 3.6 Seconds To "hundred": The Most Dynamic Bentley In History Is Presented
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Bentley has declassified the "hardcore" modification of the Continental GT coupe, which received the traditional name Speed. The coupe has become more powerful, more agile and more effective: the manufacturer calls the novelty the most dynamic road model in history.
- The main difference between the Speed version is the boosted W12 with a volume of 6.0 liters. He became 25 hp. more powerful than the engine found on a regular Continental GT: the engine develops 659 hp. with the same torque of 900 Nm. An eight-speed "robot" with a modified control unit works with it: the gear change time has been halved.
- With such a power unit, the Bentley Continental GT Speed is capable of reaching 100 km / h in 3.6 seconds at a top speed of 335 km / h. A conventional coupe with a W12 spends 0.2 seconds more to accelerate to hundreds, and its maximum speed is 2 km / h lower. According to the manufacturer, this allows the novelty to be considered the most dynamic road Bentley. However, in 2017, the previous generation Continental GT received a particularly extreme modification of the Supersports, which was still faster: 3.5 seconds to a hundred and 337 km / h top speed.
The differences between the new items are not limited to one power unit. In the Speed version, the coupe has got a fully steerable chassis and an electronically controlled rear differential. In addition, the Gran Tourer will be equipped by default with a body roll suppression system and carbon-ceramic brakes with 10-piston calipers on the front axle.
- At the same time, there will be few external differences in the Bentley Continental GT Speed. The rims will increase from 21 to 22 inches (and will only be offered in dark design options), and almost all body chrome, including the radiator grill, will be replaced with blackened counterparts. A compact spoiler will appear on the trunk lid. The buyer will be able to choose the interior trim from 11 basic and 15 additional options, among which there is Alcantara, and the range of linings will be replenished with darkened aluminum.
- Acceptance of orders for the grand tourer is already open, "live" cars will be delivered to customers in the third or fourth quarter of this year, depending on the market. Prices have not yet been officially announced.
- In the near future, Bentley will begin equipping serial Bacalar roadsters with a similar 659-horsepower W12, which is planned to be produced in only 12. Each such engine is assembled by hand by 45 specialists: it takes 6.5 hours to build an engine.