Video: Sound Is A Must: Atmospheric Video With The Start Of An Old Formula Engine 1.5 V16
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
British Racing Motors has released a video featuring the sound of a remanufactured 1950s V16 formula engine. Together with him, the P15 car on which it was installed will be revived. And in triplicate.
- The 16 V-shaped cylinders have a total volume of only 1.5 liters. The collapse of the blocks is 135 degrees. With the help of a Rolls-Royce compressor, the engine developed around 600 horsepower.
- The motor shown in the video is original. He was "twisted" on the Silverstone circuit during the celebration of the 50th anniversary of BRM. Now he was rebuilt and brought to full working condition. On the dyno, he gave out about 550 forces at 10,000 rpm.
- According to the Car Throttle portal, they decided to revive the unit for a reason. It all started with the discovery of three unused P15 chassis. And the British company BRM decided to build three new cars, fully consistent with the original. One of them will go to the son of the former owner of the company. The remaining two are going to be sold, although even their approximate price is currently unknown.
- To this day, only one of the P15 racing cars has survived, which periodically participates in various retro-competitions.
- One of 17 assembled Lotus 19 racing sports cars with chassis # 953, built in 1960, will be auctioned this week at Silverstone. At various times, famous racers have won victories behind the wheel of this sports car, thanks to which the car is called one of the most remarkable Lotus in the history of the brand. She raced until 1965, had several accidents, but always recovered.