Video: Jeep Unveils Electro-Wrangler With "mechanics" And Three More Concepts
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Jeep has unveiled four off-road prototypes that will be showcased at the Easter Safari on March 27. Reported by The Drive. The company and Mopar have built an electric Wrangler, a 1968-style restomod, an off-road Gladiator and a windshield Wrangler modeled on smartphones.
- The Jeep Magneto concept is a Wrangler converted to electric traction. Jeep does not go into technical details yet. It is known that an SUV has one motor, specially designed, and four battery units, and they are placed so as to maintain optimal weight distribution. They took up space above the front axle instead of the fuel tank, instead of the exhaust mufflers and under the boot floor.
The batteries are waterproof, so the electric Wrangler is able to overcome fords up to 760 millimeters deep. In addition, other components were protected with steel plates on the bottom. At the same time, the electric Wrangler retained the manual transmission, but it is not known whether it will become serial.
- The Jeepster Beach Concept is a modern take on the 1968 Jeepster Commando on the chassis of the current Wrangler Rubicon. The restomod features a completely new body with a roll cage and only two seats, as well as an upgraded two-liter engine. It is said that its output has been increased by a quarter: the gasoline unit now develops 340 hp. instead of the previous 270 and 500 Nm of torque. The motor works in conjunction with an 8-speed "automatic".
- The prototype, called the Jeep Gladiator Red Bare, received Dan44 axles in suspension with modified gear ratios to increase traction, increased ground clearance by 50 millimeters, 37-inch tires and unusual design of both the body and the interior. For example, in the finishing of the seats, not only leather was used, but also a red and black flannel fabric, and the body received a similar color scheme, special graphics, wheel arch extensions and amplifiers in the body.
- Finally, the Jeep Wrangler Orange Peelz features an even more reinforced suspension: in addition to a similar increase in ground clearance, it also uses Fox shock absorbers. The SUV has developed wheel arches, power bumpers with a winch, 37-inch wheels and a windshield from the Mopar catalog - an especially durable component is made using GorillGlass technology, which is used in the manufacture of smartphone screens. In addition, the Wrangler Orange Peelz showcased the original "truncated" front doors, which are planned to be offered for production cars in the future.
- The latest official addition to Jeep's lineup is the flagship Jeep Grand Wagoneer. And in the future, the company plans to release both its largest SUV (it will be the long-wheelbase Grand Wagoneer) and the most compact one. Jeep will build a small crossover together with AlfRomeo on the platform of the French concern PSA.