Video: The Updated "five" BMW Has Become More Powerful And Has Risen In Price In Russia
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
BMW has unveiled the restyled 5 Series family. The starting price of the sedan in Russia has already been announced (the station wagon is not available for us) - it has risen in price by exactly 100,000 rubles and now costs from 3,470,000 rubles.
In the Russian market, the updated "five" is available in six modifications. With two-liter petrol "turbo-fours" there are 520i versions with a capacity of 184 hp. (290 Nm) and 530i xDrive with a return of 249 hp. (350 Nm). The three-liter, six-cylinder is fitted to the 540i xDrive, where it produces 340 hp. (450 Nm). The top variant of the M550i xDrive is equipped with a 4.4 biturbo V8, which develops 530 hp. and 750 Nm (previously it was 462 HP and 650 Nm).
- There are also diesel versions - the 190-horsepower two-liter BMW 520d (400 Nm), as well as the 530d xDrive. In the latter, the maximum torque of the three-liter "turbo-six" has grown from 620 to 650 Nm with the previous 249 horsepower. BMW fives with less than 190 hp. available with both rear-wheel drive and optional all-wheel drive. The more powerful versions have four-wheel drive.
- The eight-speed "automatic" company ZF, installed on all BMW 5 Series, has become lighter and received different gear ratios, as well as a modified control program. This should have a positive effect on economy.
In Europe, all modifications, except the BMW M550i xDrive and full-fledged hybrids, are supplemented by 11-horsepower starter-generators - they recuperate braking energy and give it back during intensive acceleration. Rechargeable from the external network, the hybrid version of the 530e with a two-liter "turbo four" and an electric motor built into the eight-speed "automatic" is boosted from 252 to 292 hp. at the same 420 Nm of torque. In addition, there was a hybrid 545e xDrive with a three-liter turbo engine. Together with the electric motor, it produces 394 hp. (600 Nm).
- Available on the European market, the BMW 540d xDrive version with 3.0 biturbo diesel was boosted with 320 hp. (680 Nm) up to 340 hp (700 Nm). With it, the sedan accelerates to 100 km / h in 4.6 seconds and is now the most powerful diesel version of the model. The 400-horsepower three-liter four-turbine engine (760 Nm) is discontinued. Together with him, they refuse from the M550d xDrive version, which accelerated to a hundred in 4.4 seconds.
The BMW 5 Series received new bumpers, an enlarged radiator grille with "nostrils" connected together, different LED headlights, which can optionally change to adaptive matrix or laser, as well as lights with a different pattern. The exhaust pipes are now trapezoidal on all modifications. Also, new body colors have appeared and the design of the rims has changed.
- A 10.25-inch display of the multimedia system is standard equipment, and an optional 12.3-inch screen is available. The multimedia BMW OS 7.0 has received a revised navigation, which gives more accurate routes thanks to the update of traffic data in real time. The complex of safety assistants has been supplemented with a lane keeping system and an auto-braking function in the city, which operates at speeds from 10 to 85 km / h.
- Production of the updated BMW five in Dingolfing, Germany, will begin in July. The first customers will receive cars in August 2020.