Table of contents:
A new tool for sellers has appeared on Automotive.ru - a panoramic 3D-shooting of a car. A similar tool has already proven its effectiveness among American auto retailers - we tell you what exactly we did and how it works.
What is and why is it needed
3D Panorama is an interactive 360-degree photograph of a car that allows you to view the car from all angles. We were the first to launch a similar service in Russia for free. Dealers, as well as professional and private sellers will be able to take advantage of panoramic photography.
Foreign retailers have been using this photo format for a long time. According to the American company Spincar, which specializes in creating 3D panoramas of cars, on average, a potential buyer spends almost a third more time in an ad with a panoramic photo than in publications with regular photographs. The conversion of such ads into a call or an application is also higher - almost half.
How to make and upload a 3D panorama
Creation of a panoramic photo for an advertisement on Automotive News takes no more than a minute. To shoot, you need to download and install a special application for iOS or Android. You can create a panoramic photo of a car directly through the Auto.ru app - if you are using an Android smartphone. Watch the instructional video and follow the instructions before filming.
How to take a 3D panorama of a car correctly
- A panoramic photo of a car is best taken in a spacious area with adequate lighting: outdoors during the day or indoors with good artificial light.
- Place the car so that you can walk around it at a distance of 3-4 meters and so that it fits completely into the frame that you see in the mobile application.
- Shoot from the driver's side of the vehicle (front left).
- The phone must be held at face level. Click on the record button and drive to the right side around the car. Try not to walk too fast, but not too slowly.
- Keep the outline of the car in the frame drawn on the screen.
Stop filming after going around the car.
- After completing the shooting, the program will save the video in the phone's memory. Make sure the vehicle does not fall out of frame during recording.
When placing ads manually, a new field for loading a 3D panorama is available - "Panorama" - it is located below the field for uploading photos and videos. Dealers who use autoloading need to add a link to the panorama in the feed, similar to how links to photos are added:
link to 3D panorama
What is better not to do when shooting panoramas
- Do not use artistic techniques when shooting. You do not need to change the angle, zoom in or out the car in the frame.
- Do not open the doors when filming car doors to showcase the interior.
Do not shoot a car against a uniform background; a non-uniform background is preferable for shooting.
- Do not comment on the shooting process: the program does not record or use sound to create a panorama.