From January to December 2019, the volume of production of new passenger cars in Russia decreased to 1 million 523.6 thousand units (minus 2.6%), according to ASM-holding. This is slightly worse than the final sales results: minus 2.3% (up to 1 million 759.5 thousand units).
The production of passenger cars of domestic brands decreased by one percent, to 410.7 thousand units. However, their share increased to 27% (plus 0.5 points). Lad's car assembly decreased by 0.9%. The largest car manufacturers of Russian brands have achieved the following results:
- LADA Togliatti - plus 0.1%;
- LADA Izhevsk - minus 2.2%;
- ChechenAvto (Lada) - minus 16.4%;
- UAZ - minus 2.9%.
Russian manufacturers of foreign cars reduced production volumes by 3.1% - to 1,113 thousand cars. Among the largest enterprises, growth was recorded at five factories:
- Automobile plant "GAZ", Nizhny Novgorod (contract assembly of Skod and Volkswagen) - plus 13.6%;
Avtotor, Kaliningrad (BMW, Hyundai, Kia) - plus 4.7%;
- Mazda Sollers Manufacturing Rus, Vladivostok - plus 5.3%;
- PSMA RUS, Kaluga (Citroen, Mitsubishi, Peugeot) - plus 7.5%;
- Volkswagen Group Rus, Kaluga (Volkswagen, Skoda) - plus 4.3%.
The negative dynamics of production of "foreign cars" is largely due to the departure from the Russian market of the passenger division of Ford. However, the drop was partially offset by the launch of new plants in the first half of 2019 - Mercedes-Benz Manufacturing Rus and Hawail Motor Manufacturing Rus. In 2019, these enterprises produced more than 9 thousand cars. About three quarters of them are Chinese brand products.
In 2019, manufacturers shipped to dealers 2.6% fewer cars than in 2018 - 1 million 495.6 thousand units. According to Avto.ru, 1 million 593 thousand new passenger cars were registered in the traffic police for 12 months - 2.5% less than a year earlier.