Video: The First Batch Of Chinese Tesla Electric Cars Was Handed Out To Factory Employees
At the newest Tesl plant in Shanghai, the first fifteen TeslModel 3 electric cars were assembled. They were distributed among the employees of the same plant, who had pre-ordered them in advance. In the next couple of days, another batch of cars will be released, also intended for Tesla workers. Car deliveries to customers will begin in January 2020.
Teslwill deliver the first China-made Model 3 at Gigafactory 3 plant in Shanghai TODAY. The 15 customers who are slated to get their Model 3s first are Teslemployees. pic.twitter.com/bOTeR8wjUL
- TeslChin (@teslacn) December 30, 2019
- One of the employees who received the new TeslModel 3, right during the ceremony, presented an electric car to his girlfriend and proposed to her (she said yes).
- In the first phase, the Shanghai Tesl plant will be able to produce 1,000 electric cars per week. According to the head of the company Elon Musk, in the future the volumes will triple.
- The estimated cost of the Chinese-built TeslModel 3 will be about $ 50,000 in the local market - including tax breaks for buyers of electric vehicles and government subsidies ($ 3,600 per vehicle).
At the moment, Shanghai-assembled Teslas are one third of locally produced components. Next year, localization is planned to be increased to 100%, and then the price of a car will decrease by 20%.
- Tesl rose 1.5% on the launch of the first batch of Chinese cars. In addition, according to the publication Business Insider, a number of local banks have already agreed to provide Tesl with a loan of $ 1.4 billion for a period of five years for further development of production.
China is currently the largest electric vehicle market in the world. The company expects the TeslModel 3 electric car to become the most popular electric car in China. Here he will have to compete with models from local manufacturers such as NIO Inc. and Xpeng Motors.
Tesl's Shanghai plant is the brand's first manufacturing facility outside the United States. In the future, the company will also have a European plant: it will open near Berlin, it will produce TeslModel Y crossovers.
Popular by topic
The first Russian car brand will be given for Chinese electric cars in the News section
Tesla has released its own tequila - the first batch was instantly sold out in the News section
Chinese car entered the world ranking of the most successful electric cars for the first time in the News section
The starting batch of the most powerful pickup truck in the world was sold out in 3 hours in the News section
The first batch of "charged" Cadillac sedans was sold out in a few minutes in the News section