Video: Matrix Headlights, Gas And Blanket: What Will Be The New Skoda Octavia
The SkodOctavi family of the new generation will be officially presented on November 11, but the Czech automaker has already shared the details about the model. Here is the most interesting thing that is known about the fourth generation liftback and station wagon.
- Both the liftback and the station wagon have become larger. The length and width of the models are 4689 and 1829 mm, respectively. In the case of the liftback, the increase is 19 and 15 millimeters, and for the station wagon - 22 and 15 millimeters. The wheelbase has not changed: the same 2686 millimeters.
The second row with a change of generations is promised to be made even more spacious, but how much is still unknown. The volume of the luggage compartment in the liftback is 600 liters, and in the station wagon - 640 liters (now - 568 and 588 liters, respectively).
- The motor range is the same as that of the Volkswagen Golf. Gasoline - a 110-horsepower liter turbo unit, a 1.5-liter "four" with a capacity of 150 horsepower and a top-end two-liter one for 190 horsepower (it is available only with a seven-speed robot and all-wheel drive). One and a half liter engine can run on its own or as part of a "mild" hybrid. Diesel engines include two-liter units of the Evo family in 115, 150 and 200 horsepower options. Modifications with middle and older engines are available with all-wheel drive.
In a number of markets, the Octavi will be a plug-in hybrid with a 1.4-liter petrol turbo engine and an electric motor with a combined output of 204 or 245 horsepower. There will also be a G-Tec version with a 1.5-liter 130-horsepower natural gas engine.
- Options for the new Octavi include a 15mm lowered sports suspension and adaptive Dynamic Chassis Control struts (for all versions except plug-in hybrids).
- For the new Octavia, as for the eighth generation Volkswagen Golf, matrix LED headlights are now optionally available, and dynamic direction indicators have appeared in the taillights.
- In addition, Skod has confirmed that the new Octavi will have a two-wheel steering wheel and a new multimedia system. From Simply Clever-chips - more spacious pockets in the doors, additional niches for storing small things in the trunk and interior, pockets for smartphones in the backs of the front seats, five USB-C connectors, a 230-volt socket and an electric towbar. In addition, passengers will be offered a "sleep package": larger and more comfortable rear headrests and a blanket.
The official presentation of the new generation SkodOctavi will take place on November 11, 2019.