Video: The First Mazda Electric Car Received Unusual Doors And A Modest Filling
Mazd has unveiled its first mass-produced electric vehicle, the MX-30 crossover, at the Tokyo Auto Show. The model boasts hinged doors like the RX-8 rotary coupe, but the powerplant was not very impressive.
The electric crossover is built on the new Mazde-SkyActiv electric platform. He received rear doors that open against the direction of travel. There are no central posts, but the shortened doors open only after the front ones. The MX-30 is 4395 mm long, 1795 mm wide, 1570 mm high and has a wheelbase of 2655 mm.
- The MazdMX-30 crossover is equipped with one 143 hp electric motor. (265 Nm) mounted on the front axle, and a 35.5 kWh battery located under the floor of the passenger compartment. The declared cruising range is about 200 kilometers. The maximum charging power with alternating current is 6.6 kW.
- These are the weakest characteristics among serial electric crossovers. For example, Hyundai's KonElectric has a 204-horsepower electric motor, a 64 kWh battery and a range of 470 kilometers.
- The MX-30 uses sustainable materials such as faux leather, recycled cork, recycled polyethylene and 20 percent recycled Black Denim for the interior of the MX-30.
The central tunnel in the cabin is designed in a "floating" style with two large storage compartments. For the first time in a serial model of the brand, the air conditioning control is placed on an additional touch screen, and the multimedia system on the main upper monitor can only be interacted with via a joystick, as on the new Mazda3.
- The MX-30 crossover received adaptive cruise control, capable of navigating along the edge of the road without marking, an automatic emergency braking system, which, using the radar, "peeps" around the corner, as well as a monitoring function of "blind" zones, which prevents the driver from changing lanes when an obstacle is detected from the side …
- Europe and Japan have already started accepting pre-orders for the MazdMX-30, although the cost of the model has not yet been announced. The first buyers will receive electric crossovers in 2020. Later, the MX-30 will have a version with a compact rotary engine running on gasoline and installed in the rear - to recharge the battery on the move and increase the range.
Popular by topic
Dodge Challenger and Charger received an unusual anti-theft in the News section
The first Skoda electric car received a power reserve of 265 kilometers in the News section
The first hydrogen filling station appeared in Russia in the News section
Sun, wind and pedals: How to charge an electric car in an unusual way in the Collections section
Filling the budget: the first test of the new Renault Duster in the Tests section