Table of contents:
Video: The New Audi RS 7 Sportback Is Even More Powerful And Roomy
Audi presented the new Audi RS 7 Sportback in Frankfurt. Here is the main thing you need to know about it.
All from the Frankfurt Salon - by tag Frankfurt-2019 or in our Telegram channel
The four-liter twin-turbo V8 produces 600 hp. and 800 Nm of torque - this is the most powerful RS7 (and after all, the more powerful Performance version will be presented later). The engine is paired with an eight-speed automatic, the drive is permanent full, with a 40:60 torque distribution in favor of the rear axle, there is a mechanical center differential and an active rear differential.
- Like the new Audi RS 6, the engine is assisted by a 48-volt starter-generator system that recovers braking energy, adds power during hard acceleration and helps the car coast with the engine off for 40 seconds at speeds between 55 and 160 kilometers per hour.
- Acceleration to hundreds takes 3.6 seconds, the maximum speed is limited at around 250 kilometers per hour. Optionally, they will offer Dynamic and Dynamic Plus packages, with which the maximum speed rises, respectively, to 280 and 305 kilometers per hour.
The salon has changed on the same principle as that of the RS 6 station wagon: a digital dashboard Virtual cockpit with an RS-design, on which you can display the overload graph or circle telemetry, a new generation of MMI system with a display in the center of the front panel and a climate control touch screen. The seats are upholstered in Napp leather with diamond stitching, and for a surcharge, you can choose Valcon leather and inserts in carbon, natural wood or aluminum.
- For the first time for the Audi RS 7 Sportback, a five-seater cabin layout is offered, with a full second-row sofa (the option with separate rear seats is also preserved). The volume of the trunk is 535 liters, and with the second row seats folded down - 1390 liters. The electric tailgate is a standard equipment, which can be supplemented with a contactless opening function for a surcharge (just slide your foot under the rear bumper).
The new RS 7 Sportback features an adaptive suspension as standard equipment. In standard suspension mode, the RS is 20 millimeters lower than the regular A7, and at speeds over 120 kilometers per hour it is pressed down to the ground by another 10 millimeters. In addition, the body can be raised from the standard position by 20 millimeters for passing speed bumps and large irregularities. An optional RS Sport suspension with more aggressive shock settings and an all-steering chassis will be offered. In addition, the Audi drive select system has two customizable modes called RS1 and RS2, which are activated by buttons on the steering wheel.
- More than 30 advanced assistants are sewn into the onboard electronics of the RS 7 Sportback, including adaptive cruise control, lane keep assist, intersection assist and all-round cameras.
- The car will be offered in 13 basic paint options, including special RS colors, Nardo gray and Sebring black, as well as 21-inch wheels. Options include five matte body colors, body-colored or aluminum-colored side mirror housings (they are black in the base) and 22-inch wheels.
- Sales of the Audi RS 7 Sportback will begin next year, prices are still unknown.