Video: Dealers Stopped Selling Lifan X70. But This Is Temporary
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Lifan's Russian dealers have suspended sales of X70 crossovers because cars ran out of stock. Why did this happen and what is known about the current situation?
- The production site of the Lifan X70 in Russia was the Derways plant in Cherkessk - it closed in 2018. Today there are no other Lifan manufactures in our country.
- Importing a model from other countries is not possible: no certification.
- All X70 crossovers built at Derways are already sold out.
- Perhaps the next site for the Lifan SKD will be the new Russian plant Haval, located in the Tula region, the Chinese Cars portal wrote about this.
- If production of Lifan resumes in Russia, then the new X70 will go to dealers in 2-3 months.
According to the Association of European Businesses (AEB), only 72 X70 crossovers were sold in 2019, and 3 cars were sold in March. During this period, the X60 SUV and the Solano sedan were in the highest demand: more than half of Lifan buyers chose them. For 4 months, the company's sales in the Russian market fell by 60%, while the overall demand for Chinese cars increased by 5%.