Video: New McLaren Supercar Turned Out To Be More Practical Than Octavia
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 13:59
McLaren has unveiled the GT supercar built for long-distance travel. It differs from other models of the brand with increased practicality and softer chassis settings.
Under the body of the McLaren GT in aluminum and carbon, the Monocage II-T carbon monocoque first used on the 720S. The main difference between the new items is the increased volume of the passenger compartment and luggage compartments.
- The front trunk is designed for 150 liters, and there is another compartment for 420 liters above the engine behind the engine, which can accommodate golf bags. The total volume is 570 liters, which is two liters more than the only trunk of the SkodOctavia liftback.
- The McLaren's rear compartment, trimmed with a thin layer of reinforced woven fabric, has a large glass lid, which is electrically operated for an extra charge.
- Inside, there are new electric and heated seats. Customers will be able to order the trim in nappa leather, Alcantara or cashmere. Visibility has been improved with glazed C-pillars and additional side windows. Basic equipment includes multimedia with a 7-inch screen, ambient lighting, an electrochromic roof and premium Bowers & Wilkins speakers with 12 speakers, which can be supplemented with a carbon subwoofer and Kevlar mid-range speakers for an additional fee.
- The four-liter twin-turbo V8 on the McLaren GT produces 620 hp. (630 Nm). It is combined with a seven-speed "robot" with two clutches and rear wheel drive. When loaded, the McLaren GT weighs 1530 kilograms. From standstill to 100 km / h, the coupe accelerates in 3.2 seconds, to 200 km / h in nine seconds exactly, and the top speed is 326 km / h.
- The McLaren GT is equipped with active suspension with hydraulic shock absorbers. The system scans the road, changing the damping characteristics every two milliseconds. The ground clearance is 110 millimeters, which can be increased to 130 millimeters by pressing a button.
The McLaren GT is already available to order, with the first deliveries to customers starting at the end of 2019. Prices start from 163,000 pounds (13.7 million rubles).
New VW Jetta in Russia turned out to be more expensive than most competitors in the News section
The new Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe in Russia turned out to be more expensive than the BMW X6 in the News section
New Toyota Yaris turned out to be smaller, but more spacious than its predecessor in the News section
The new Audi Q3 was in Russia more expensive than the BMW X1 in the News section
The Top Corolla Of The New Generation Turned Out To Be 127 Thousand Rubles More Expensive Than The Base Camry
The top Corolla of the new generation was 127 thousand rubles more expensive than the base Camry in the News section