Blogger Ruslan Bekoev posted a video on his YouTube channel about the LadVest sedan from Kabardino-Balkaria, which is driven by two drivers in shifts. The car passes daily from 400 to 1000 kilometers, and three years after the purchase, the mileage exceeds 560 thousand kilometers.
Here's a quick retelling of the video.
- The body of the sedan is well preserved, even the headlights are almost not dimmed. Thanks to the favorable climate of Kabardino-Balkaria, there are no traces of corrosion on the bottom.
- During the operation, 7 sets of tires were replaced.
- Inside Vesta, the plastic steering wheel rim is badly worn out, and the front seats have lost their shape. In addition, a noticeable backlash appeared in the driver's seat. The door cards look tattered too.
- The 1.6-liter engine was filled with new oil every 10,000 kilometers. The timing belt was first replaced at 104,000 kilometers and then renewed every 60,000 kilometers.
The engine underwent overhaul after 400,000 kilometers - it was caused by low-quality fuel, which resulted in burned out valves, and oil consumption increased to 5 liters per 10,000 kilometers.
- The clutch disc of the five-speed "mechanics" was changed twice. The first time - during an overhaul of the engine (that is, for 400,000 km), the second - after another 100,000 kilometers. Vest used two sets of brake discs, while the rear drum brakes remained original.
- Repeatedly had to install new stabilizer bushings, but the front shock absorbers were replaced only once - when the mileage exceeded 500,000 kilometers.
LadVest, with a record run, continues to operate, bypassing farmland. We are waiting for the numbers 1,000,000 on the odometer!