Video: British Startup Showed A Luxury Hypercar On The BMW Platform
Founded by Zimbabwean Amir Naran, Naran Automotive has unveiled the first images of its hypercar. While the unnamed coupe will combine premium luxury and track extreme, it will receive four seats and a five-liter engine with 1063 hp. The price is at least one million euros.
Speaking to Autocar, the founder of the firm said that the Naran coupe will provide a more extreme experience than the similarly built Aston Martin DBS Superlegger or Ferrari 812 Superfast. At the same time, his hypercar should be even more luxurious.
- The basis for the hypercar will be borrowed from the BMW 8 Series, but the suspension is planned to be improved, and the body panels will be completely replaced with their own made of carbon.
- The suspension tuning work is handled by the racing firm EY3 Engineering. It is expected that the chassis of the hypercar will be built on the principles of the GT3 racing class. The car will be equipped with 22-inch composite wheels and ceramic brakes from AP Racing. The projected weight of the coupe is 1620 kilograms.
The power unit, according to Autocar, will also be built on the basis of a 4.4-liter turbocharged V8 from BMW. However, engineers from Racing Dynamics are going to increase its volume to 5.0 liters, and the output - to 1063 hp. and 1035 Nm of torque, and the maximum thrust will be available already at 3000 rpm. The hypercar will be equipped with an 8-band "automatic" ZF and an all-wheel drive system with the ability to disable the front axle.
- The Naran is expected to accelerate to 100 km / h in 2.3 seconds at a top speed of 370 km / h.
- Jaguar Land Rover-based chief project engineer Steve Pegg says the Naran will be able to claim the Nurburgring's all-time front-engined production car record. Preliminary modeling shows that the hypercar is able to complete the track in 6 minutes and 40 seconds. The current record is held by the Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series at 6 minutes and 48 seconds.
- It is not known when the record will be attempted. Amir Naran plans to present a finished model of a hypercar early next year, and deliveries to customers will start in 2022. In total, only 49 coupes will be assembled, although Naran Automotive does not exclude the possibility of a subsequent release of a convertible.