Video: Fiat 500 Electric Car Added Another Door
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Citicar Fiat 500 Electric received a new modification called 3 + 1. Its main difference is a small additional door for rear passengers on the right side of the body. The new door scheme did not affect either the hatchback's dimensions or energy consumption.
A similar scheme with four doors was once implemented by Hyundai on the Veloster model. But unlike the Korean hatchback, the Italian electric car has no B-pillar on the side where the two doors are located: the additional door swings open against the direction of travel.
- This design is more reminiscent of the MazdRX-8 used by the Japanese a few years ago. In the new Fiat, as in the rotary coupe, it is impossible to open the rear door until the front door is open. When closed, the additional door also plays the role of the rear wing.
- The new design added 30 kilograms to the weight of the electric car, but the excess weight did not affect the power reserve: it is still 320 kilometers.
- The more practical modification of the Fiat 500 is aimed at family owners who need a compact electric vehicle for everyday tasks.
- Sales of the four-door Fiat 500 will begin with a rich LPrim package with special body and interior trim, 17-inch wheels, full LED optics and an advanced media system.
The electric car also has a more budgetary power plant. In addition to the 120 hp electric motor, the Fiat 500 can now be equipped with a 95 hp engine. with a more compact battery: such a hatch will travel up to 180 kilometers without recharging.
- An electric version of the Fiat 500 was unveiled this spring. Retaining the old retro styling, the hatch received a completely new platform and a reimagined interior.