Video: Compact Crossover Volkswagen Taos Officially Presented: It Will Appear In Russia
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-05-21 02:36
Volkswagen has unveiled a new compact crossover Taos, which will take a position in the US market one step below the Tiguan and replace the outgoing Golf. Built on a modular MQB platform, the SUV received a single engine and an extensive list of equipment. The schedule for the appearance of new items in Russia has not yet been announced.
Taos length - 4465 mm with a wheelbase of 2690 mm, width is 1.84 meters, height - 1.64 meters. Thus, the crossover is only 21 mm shorter than the Tiguan sold in Russia, but in the USA the senior SUV is presented only in the long-wheelbase version, and the novelty lagged behind it by about 240 mm.
- The developers assure that the novelty will not yield to either the European version of the Tiguan or the Jetta sedan in terms of space in the rear seats. The declared trunk volume is from 796 to 1877 liters.
- The exterior of Taos includes a number of the latest stylistic solutions - for example, the design of the running lights in the head optics, but in general, Taos is similar to both the American VW Atlas (we know it as Teramont) and the soplatform Chinese crossover Tharu.
- The interior architecture also uses familiar solutions: a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster and the most modern version of the MIB3 multimedia system with an eight-inch touchscreen.
The only engine inherited by the novelty - a 1.5-liter gasoline turbo engine - develops 160 hp. and 249 Nm of torque. In the USA, it can be aggregated either with an eight-speed automatic transmission and front-wheel drive, or with a seven-speed DSG robot in an all-wheel drive version. The dynamic characteristics have not yet been released, as well as the fuel consumption level.
- The Taos version for South America will receive a different engine - the well-known 150-horsepower "turbo four" with a volume of 1.4 liters paired with a six-speed "automatic" and drive only to the front wheels.
- The advanced media system and the proprietary complex of driver's assistants IQ. Drive will not be included in the basic configuration - they will become part of more expensive versions, like 18 and 19-inch wheels. In addition, the list of available equipment includes front seats with electric adjustments, heating and ventilation, wireless charging, panoramic windows, expensive acoustics with 8 speakers, ambient interior lighting and a keyless entry system.
Collect Taos for North America will be in Mexico, and for South - in Argentina. Sales of new items will start next summer. And an official confirmation has already been received that a similar model will appear on the Russian market. At the same time, Volkswagen has not yet named either the specifications or the name of the future novelty: in Russia, the crossover can be renamed. It is also planned to be released in our country. This follows from the details of the special investment contract signed by Volkswagen with the Ministry of Industry and Trade.