Video: 3.9 Seconds To A Hundred: The New BMW M3 And M4 Are Officially Presented
BMW has unveiled the technical specifications of the new M3 and M4 sports cars, photos of which were leaked on the Internet the day before. The sedan and coupe received one three-liter "six" for two in two power options, two boxes and two types of drive.
In addition to a completely new exterior, the BMW M3 and M4 also have a chassis that is reinforced compared to standard models. The body is equipped with additional struts, new subframes and adaptive electronically controlled shock absorbers are used in the suspension. Base models will have 18-inch wheels at the front and 19-inches at the rear, while the Competition versions will have rims an inch larger. In addition, the coupe and sedan will get a carbon roof by default, although it can be replaced for free with a steel equivalent with a sunroof.
- The interior features seats with developed lateral bolsters, Merino leather trim and illuminated model logo. For a surcharge, they will be replaced by carbon "buckets" with integrated head restraints and Alcantara - such chairs are 9.5 kilograms lighter. Another difference is the M Mode button on the sports steering wheel, which allows you to switch between operating modes of the drive electronics.
- The on-board multimedia system with a 10.3-inch display is optionally equipped with the M Drive Professional function with the ability to record telemetry (including the angle and duration of skid when driving in drift). The 12.3-inch dashboard will get a special sporty interface by default.
The 3.0-liter inline engine will be offered in two recoil options - 480 and 510 hp. for the Competition version. The amount of torque in both cases is 650 Nm, the maximum thrust is available in the range from 2750 to 5500 rpm. At first, both engine variants will be accompanied by rear-wheel drive only.
- 480-horsepower sedan and coupe with 6-speed "mechanics" will spend 4.2 seconds on acceleration to 100 km / h, more powerful ones with 8-range "automatic" Steptronic - 3.9 seconds. The maximum speed of new products is traditionally limited to 250 km / h, but for a surcharge, the limiter can be moved up to 290 km / h.
- The all-wheel drive system for the M3 and M4 with an active M-differential on the rear axle was borrowed from the BMW M5. Thus, the sedan and coupe will have three options for the system - standard, sporty with an emphasis on the rear axle and "drift" with a complete disabling of the front axle and stabilization systems.
The list of options for the M3 and M4 names an expanded set of driver's assistants (it will include adaptive cruise control, which can work at high speeds, an advanced emergency braking system and an active lane keep assist). Models also have the M Race Track package, which reduces the weight of the sports car with carbon-ceramic brakes and lightweight wheels, laser optics, carbon trim and two special body shades.
- The sedan and coupe will go on sale in March 2021. Prices have so far been named only for the United States and only for rear-wheel drive sports cars: from 69,900 to 74,700 dollars (5.33 million - 5.7 million rubles).