Table of contents:
- Reports that help analyze incoming traffic
- What is important when setting up end-to-end analytics: Calltouch recommendations
- So why do you need end-to-end analytics?
Video: How End-to-end Analytics Is Configured In Avilon And Why Is It Needed
2023 Author: Natalie MacDonald | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-11-26 13:59
In the spring of 2020, car sales in Russia fell sharply - this happened due to restrictions introduced with the onset of the coronavirus pandemic. Falling demand led to a drop in leads and profits, and dealers began to cut ad budgets or stop advertising altogether. In such conditions, each client was worth its weight in gold, and a detailed analysis of incoming traffic has become one of the top priorities for many dealers.
End-to-end analytics is a tool that allows you to study in detail many indicators of the marketing activity of a dealership. One of the most urgent tasks of a dealer is to assess how much traffic and transactions each individual attraction channel or their combination brings.
Ekaterina Kuptsova, Head of Marketing for Jaguar Land Rover, Cadillac and Chevrolet Avilon, and Artur Sargsyan, Director of Development for Calltouch, talked about how they set up end-to-end analytics in Avilon and shared recommendations to help make working with it more efficient.
Reports that help analyze incoming traffic
During the period of self-isolation, Avilon restructured their usual work processes and focused on online sales, which allowed them to get new leads. End-to-end analytics, in turn, made it clear which activities and promotion channels bring more results and what needs to be spent more effort and money.
One of the main traffic-generating channels is classified. When working with Auto.ru "Avilon" pays attention to the creation of high-quality content in ads: photos, descriptions, video reviews, which are filmed together with the managers of the car dealership. According to Ekaterina, it is important to supplement each description with the seller's comments. Here you can add information, for example, about the unique features of the car or indicate that the model is in short supply, which today can become one of the factors for making a purchase decision. In addition, the dealer added the ability to video display the car.
All this allowed the company to become the leader in the number of leads from Auto.ru among the capital's dealers of the same car brands.
To assess leads and the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, Avilon uses specially designed reports, where information on each traffic channel is automatically uploaded using the Calltouch end-to-end analytics service. The desired slice of data can be easily obtained in the form in which it is needed by the marketer or other interested specialist. Here are some of the types of reports that Avilon uses.
Yandex. Direct - detailed report on contextual advertising. It displays all the data, starting with a specific advertising campaign and ending with the key phrase that interested the client, as well as the proportion of ad impressions in the desktop or mobile version. This report helps you to study in detail any advertising campaign and find "deviations" from the target indicators. For example, one of the launched Avilona campaigns gave a large number of views and clicks (about 2 thousand views and half a thousand clicks), but brought only one deal. The cost of such a lead turned out to be too high - equal to the total budget for the promotion. This was the reason for the dealer to optimize the advertising campaign.
- In the report "Lead magazine" you can see information about which department each appeal falls into - sales, service, spare parts, credit department. The same report contains audio recordings of customer calls. They can be listened to, downloaded and redirected to colleagues in the appropriate department.
Report "Journal of transactions" helps to track the entire path of the client - from visiting the site to signing a contract and issuing a car. It contains information about how long after visiting the site, the client called the dealer, when the call turned into a visit to the dealer center and a meeting with the manager, how long after the lead became a signed contract.
"All sources"- a large report that shows statistics from impressions to ROI. Here you can study the leads in detail: for example, the number, their cost and the cost of the contract. Data is easily filtered, for example, by different sales channels or separate classifications. Any lead from the classifieds can be viewed in detail, tagged, listened to an audio recording of a conversation with a client, and track his entire history.
The reports allow you to timely assess the effectiveness of each of the advertising campaigns and, if necessary, adjust them. The end-to-end analytics system helps Avilon collect detailed statistics on customer acquisition through different traffic channels, shows the number of leads and deals from a specific channel and their cost, and also allows you to analyze the data received.
In order for the reports to be relevant and informative, it is important to comply with one condition - to enter data into CRM correctly and in a timely manner. All employees of the relevant departments must comply with these rules. And, most likely, you will have to additionally configure the CRM system - for the correct data exchange with the analytics system.
In addition to reports, the Calltouch end-to-end analytics system provides a Callback tool, within which the function of calling missed calls is available. Callback helps you not to miss a client who, for some reason, did not get through to the dealer. It is also used in Avilon.
What is important when setting up end-to-end analytics: Calltouch recommendations
Artur Sargsyan, Calltouch Development Director, highlighted 4 main points that should be paid attention to if a dealer plans to set up end-to-end analytics - they help to draw the right conclusions about the retailer's advertising sources from which the dealer gets customers. This allows you to effectively integrate end-to-end analytics services and collect more complete information about the company's traffic sources.
- Set up an integration that can capture all the dealer's leads. This can be done using dynamic or static call tracking. It is necessary to take into account all activities on the site, classifieds or other sites where the dealer places an advertisement. This way you can evaluate the efficiency and conversion rate of a particular lead source. Don't forget about outgoing activities from call center operators, sales managers, etc. - their analysis is equally important.
- Set up integration with advertising platforms - this will allow you to take into account and analyze the effectiveness of all advertising campaigns in one place, for example, in your personal account. And also to automate the data collection process and minimize manual work, which significantly saves time. In addition, the dealer will see all expenses, targeted and inappropriate calls, conversion rates and much more in the personal account.
- Monitor planned metrics. Calltouch has the ability to keep records and import into your personal account any indicator of the planned metric - this helps to control the implementation of planned indicators according to the specified parameters and conditions during the selected period.
- Tag calls. This demonstrates which department a particular appeal comes to - sales department, service department, credit department, etc. For tagging, it is recommended to use a special service that distributes calls automatically, and is also capable of transcribing the client's dialogue with the manager. It is equally important to integrate requests into CRM - this is necessary in order to visually assess the relevance of each advertising channel.
So why do you need end-to-end analytics?
- End-to-end analytics helps to get detailed information about incoming traffic and simplifies analytics of advertising campaign results - all this allows you to quickly make changes to campaigns and increase their effectiveness.
- - End-to-end analytics make it easier to automate the data collection process and save time.
- - End-to-end analytics services help to monitor, among other things, planned metrics.
- - End-to-end analytics makes it possible to evaluate the work of the call center and other departments of the dealership: the sales department, the service and spare parts department, and so on.
- - It is important not to forget that in order to effectively build end-to-end analytics, most likely, you will have to rebuild some processes within the company and the operation of the CRM system.
Mold, smells and glitches: why in Russia you can return the car and stay in the black in the Featured section
The snorkel is no longer needed! 10 real off-road vehicles on electric traction in the Selection section
Hybrids: what are they and why are they needed at all in the Parsing section
Underneath to show: what are gassers, why are they needed, and where did they go in the Selections section
Electronic PTS: why are they needed and how to live with them in the Analysis section