Video: BMW Introduced A Fee For The Use Of Options
From July, BMW's flagship models have been sold in Europe with a full range of options. But their activation is possible only for an additional fee.
- The management of the Bavarian brand announced the introduction of paid use of a number of functions at the presentation of the updated iDrive 7.0 operating system. You can activate them in the ConnectedDrive online store.
- Paid features include heated seats, adaptive cruise control, high beam assistant and adaptive suspension. Any of them can be connected for a certain period of time at the request of the client. According to the management of BMW, this will allow owners not only to pay for some options exclusively as needed (for example, for heating - only in winter), but also to try out new features that they did not think about.
In addition, BMW owners will have the opportunity to later purchase some special options - for example, a new engine sound through the built-in BMW IconicSounds Sport audio system.
- BMW iDrive 7.0 is available on Series 2, 3, 5, 7 and 8, as well as on X3, X4, X5, X6, X7, Z4 and Gran Coupe 2 Series.
- In addition, the updated operating system will allow you to open all models of the line released after July 1 using a smartphone with NFC technology (so far only using an iPhone). Access to the car can be provided to five friends by sharing the key via iMessage.
- The idea of subscribing to some of the functions is not new: two years ago, Tesl said that they would have to pay monthly for extended access to the Internet functions of cars. BMW, in turn, has been charging fees for certain online services for several years now, and has also tested paid access to Apple CarPlay. However, then the CarPlay subscription was canceled.